Dev Harlan works in sculpture, installation and digital media. He has exhibited in the US and internationally with solo exhibitions at Christopher Henry Gallery, Gallery Madison Park (New York), Vasquez Gallery (Brooklyn) and Northern-Southern (Austin). Public art exhibitions include “Ideas City / Nuit Blanche”, (New Museum, NY), Singapore Light Festival (Singapore) and CUNY Oswego Sculpture Program. Recently he was included in the museum show “Noor (Light)” at the Sharjah Art Museum, (UAE).
Dev has been an artist in residence at the Frank Lloyd Wright School Of Architecture, the Joshua Tree Highlands Residency and AZ West. He has been a teacher and guest critic for INDA (International Design & Architecture program) at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, and has guest lectured for NYU ITP and the ASU Design Dept. He is a self educated artist and maintains an active studio practice founded on experience, self directed study and curiosity.
2018-08-01 “Parmenides I”, Public Art Sculpture Commission, CUNY Oswego, NY
2018-03-15 “Midnight”, Group Show. Paradise Palace, Brooklyn, NY
2018-03-15 “Mineral Consciousness”, Solo show. Madison Park Gallery, NY, NY
2018-01-20 “After Images”, Two person show. Northern Southern Gallery, Austin TX
2017-5-21 “Life On Earth”, Group show. Williamsburg Art & Historical Center, Brooklyn, NY
2017-2-24 “En Arcadia Et Ego”, Two person exhibit. David & Gladys Wright House, Arcadia, AZ
2016-9-15 “Eighteen”, Three person show. Usagi Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
2015-12-16 “Mineral Consciousness and Unremarkable Stars”, Museum group show, Islamic Art Festival, Sharjah Art Museum, Sharjah UAE
2015-2-25 “After Sunset On The Information Super Getaway”, Solo exhibition, Vazquez Project Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
2014-07-17 “Parmenides I”, exhibited at “[Algo]Rythms”, Group show. Sonos Gallery, Los Angeles, CA.
2013-10-17 “Downstairs at Eric’s / Time is a Vector”, Solo show. Chris Henry Gallery, NY, NY
2013-12-04 “Suffolk Deluxe Electric Bicycle”, Commission for Private Collection, Miami, FL.
2013-08-08 “Icosidodecahedron”, Corporate commission. Canon USA Headquarters, Melville NY.
2013-06 “Parmenides I”, exhibited at “Alys Beach Digital Graffiti”, Alys Beach, FL
2012-09-20 “Eon Surf”, Two person show. Christopher Henry Gallery, NY, NY
2012-07 “Astral Fissure I”, Commission for Private Collection, Singapore
2012-03 “Parmenides I”, Public art exhibition at “Sustainable Light Festival”, Singapore
2011-09 “Astral Flight Hangar”, Solo show. Christopher Henry Gallery, NY, NY
2011-05-24 “Flashlight“, Public Exhibition, curated by Nuit Blanche for “New Ideas for the New City”,
The New Museum, NY, NY
2011-03 “Infinity Landing”, Solo show. ROUGE 58 Gallery, Brooklyn NY
2011-02 “Suffolk Deluxe Electric Bicycle”, Two person show. NYC Studio Gallery, NY, NY
2010-10 “Light And Substance”, Group show. Curated by NYU ITP for Vimeo Film Fest, NY
2010-07 “T-Minus 20”, Group show. Christopher Henry Gallery, NY, NY
2010-05 “Ouroboros”, Group show. WhiteBox Gallery, NY, NY
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
- 2017-09 – Joshua Tree Highlands Artist Residency (JTHAR), Joshua Tree CA
- 2017-02 – Taliesin West Artist Residence Program (TARP), Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, Scottsdale AZ
- 2018 – Friend of the Artist Magazine, Vol 5.
- 2017 – “Parmenides and The Search for the Unknowable” WASH Magazine, Issue II, (Frank Lloyd Wright School, Taliesin West)
- 2015-09 – Davina Jackson, SuperLux: Smart Light Art, Design & Architecture for Cities (London, Thames & Hudson, 2015)
- 2013-03 – Alexander Scholz, Holo I, (Dec 12th, 2013) p. 113
- 2012-12 – Adam Brent Houghtaling, “New Regime”, Blackbook Magazine,
- 2012 Kathleen Flood “Y-3’s New York Fashion Week Runway Projections Were A Colorful, Triangulated Masterpiece” Creator’s Project, Sept 24th, 2012
- 2011 Kevin Holmes “Stunning Light Sculpture Merges The Virtual And Real”, Creator’s Project, Oct 10th, 2011
- 2011 Ceci Moss, “Any Color You Like”, Rhizome, Feb 8th, 2011
- 2014-06 – “COIR” Design Build Studio, (Co-Taught w/ Adjunct Professor Cheryl Wong), International Design Architecture Program (INDA), Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, TH
- 2013-06 – “Intro to Design” Studio, (Co-Taught) International Design Architecture Program (INDA), Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, TH
LECTURES / PRESENTATIONS
- 2012-10 – Pixel Show Conference, Sau Paulo, BR
- 2012-03 – Media Arts Practice, taught by Chika Watanabe, NYU ITP, NY
- 2011-12 – Media Arts Practice, taught by Gabe Garcia-Colombo, NYU ITP, NY